Tuesday, August 24, 2004

You Never Know

Until you hit a time of crisis you really don't know who is going to be there for you. Some of the people you are sure will stick by you and support you are very quick to keep their distance. And then people you hesitate to turn to turn out to be the ones who help you keep it all together.
Tonight my sister wrote to me that she "just do(es) not need to be in the middle of (my) personal issues" and then later in the letter mentions she feels a distance between us lately. Well gee, sis, that's probably because anytime I try to tell you what's going on with me you tell me you don't want to "get involved", which is your way of saying you don't want to hear about it.
Let me get it straight, you don't want to hear about any of my personal issues, for good or bad actually, you tell me I'm being distant and then you say you want to be there for my "lighter moments". You know what? I chose to spend my lighter moments with the people who are there for me in the darker ones too.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Ha! Good point, Bob.
I don't think the pink and purple necessarily correspond to the the light and dark, but they may be something like a before and after effect.