Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Now That That's Off My Chest

An interesting observation about my new neighborhood compared to living on the horse farm. Although the human population density is much greater, it's a whole lot quieter around here at night than it was on the farm. My one, equine, downstairs neighbor (hey! neigh-bor) was noisier than the three human ones who live below me now.
And once again, I have the good fortune to live across from folks who do beauitful things with their yards and gardens. Think about that. When you look out the window, whose yard do you see more of, yours or your neighbors? In the types of neighborhoods I live in, middle class with smallish sized lots, I'm looking at the neighbor's yard more than my own. This place actually does have a nice yard and a patio with garden beds that I hope to plant some fall flowers in once I settle down a little bit more.

No comments: