Tuesday, August 03, 2004

A Sign?

This evening I was driving with my daughter to The Wright Place in Stratham for some ice cream when I saw a rainbow fragment in the road straight ahead of us. It wasn't a full rainbow, but maybe a quarter of one. It was rather faint and in front of a big cloud bank. I haven't seen a rainbow for a long time. They were a nearly daily occurence in Hawaii, but they aren't as common around here. I'd like to think it was a sign that things are going to be okay, because they are pretty crappy right now.
It was our first time getting ice cream at The Wright Place. It's a small wooden place on the side of Route 33 with a great selection of ice cream made on the premises. They have a lawn and picnic table out behind the shop and there were lots of happy people enjoying their ice cream on a very pleasant summer evening. I didn't even get an ice cream because lately about halfway through the serving I'm tired of it, but still unable to just chuck it. I got a lime rickey instead.

No comments: