Friday, December 10, 2004

Not Just Me?

I was in Earcraft this morning to return my girl's rental flute since my mom got her one of her very own. There was a lot going on at the counter. I saw Chad, who is the bass guy there, but I didn't say hi because he was busy with customers and it's been a long time since I was in there talking about basses with him and he may or may not remember me anyway. I smiled and did the head bob acknowledgement thing instead.
The guy who helped me was going through a manilla folder full of band instrument rental receipts and preparing the proper forms for the rental return and I was flitting around from the glass case full of effects pedals to the used bass amps, with a glance at the rack of strings in between. It was taking a few minutes and I thought about buying new strings for the bass and then remembered I need to get a strap for the girl's acoustic guitar, so I asked about whether they had kid-sized straps, too. By the time the guy finished all the paper work I had drifted rather far afield. He called over to me, "You're all set."
I was a little startled and came back with , "Oh, me? Oh, okay. Thanks. Sorry, I have a hard time focusing in here."
He said, "Yeah, I do too, actually."

No comments: