Saturday, December 18, 2004

Nearly Solstice

I might be wrong about this, but it seems like the sun is setting a little later even though we aren't quite at the winter solstice yet. Yesterday it was light until nearly 4:45. It stays dark longer in the morning, but since I'm finished with classes for the semester and am able to sleep in a little bit, that doesn't bother me so much.
I seem to have my annual is-it-or-isn't-it the flu bug. Dizzy, kind of nauseous, headaches for days. Fun, fun, fun. I slept 12 hours last night and still feel tired today. Everyone tells me I'm going through a lot. I suppose that's true. It's been quite a year. I haven't even started to entertain thoughts of my New Year's Resolutions. I think a little more peace and calm might be on the list of things I'd like to acheive in 2005. I'm not going to even bother with a Christmas wish list because I'm one of those people who would actually be pleased to get socks or pot holders or anything, really. I'm pretty easy to please on that front, especially since I just moved again in August and haven't really accumulated a household full of stuff that "normal" people my age seem to have.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

not that this comment has anything to do with this post, but i saw this article in Fosters and thought of you.

http://www.fosters.com/December_2004/12.19.04/news/arts_12.19.04a.asp

Pam said...

Thanks, Heidi. That's very cool! I hadn't seen the article in Fosters. I know there is a "stich n bitch" gathering at Cafe on the Corner on Monday nights in Dover, too. I think last year Margot, who owns Spinning Yarns, had a program going where people were knitting caps for chemotherapy patients.
I'd love to go to the Dover gathering sometime. Monday nights are when my girl's girl scout troop meets so I'd only be able to spend an hour, but I bet it would be fun.