Friday, October 29, 2004

Mystery Blah

It appears that I have been hit with a case of Mystery Blah. I suspect it's some type of post-ecliptic hit or just a simple case of running my motor too high for too long without noticing I was coming up on the wall. It started last night when the right half of my back started hurting. I've dealt with enough back pain now that I should realize that when it starts tensing up that means I need to chill out. Somehow I still manage to avoid that simple warning. I woke up this morning (and many times last night, actually) with my back aching and my head filled with something that felt like wads of cotton and a low buzzing noise. And I didn't even drink anything last night. I briefly considered cancelling my single class of the day, but decided if I was feeling okay enough to meet my sister for breakfast, I was okay enough to go teach for a couple of hours.
I came home and took some ibuprofen and a nap after class. That and a cup of chai seem to be helping somewhat. I should be working on another translation job, or even a grant proposal because I see there are grants available out there for people who teach less commonly taught languages. I'm sure landing grant money would impress the high muckety mucks at school but at the moment I am short of ideas and steam. Anyway, I should get to work a little so that I can feel I've accomplished something before I head out to take a walk and enjoy the last of the afternoon daylight. Once the clocks kick back an hour over the weekend it won't be all that long before it's pitch black by 5pm around here.

No comments: