Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A Moment

I had to go down to Portsmouth on an errand today and I was driving back to Dover around sunset. There was a partial rainbow to the north of the setting sun and some high, wispy clouds. Violet (by Hole) came on the radio. I love the song but I was happy to realize that I no longer identify with it. The sky was pretty. I liked the music. Even though there was the usual traffic on the General Sullivan Bridge, it only took me 20 minutes to get back home.
I've been working all night on a translation job about electronics. It's quiet since my girl is with her father and I'm here all alone. I've brought the lap top out to the kitchen table and turned on the gas fireplace because it's cold out tonight. It's not an entirely bad way to spend the evening, even if it's an evening of work following a full day of other work.

No comments: