Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Mittens and Meat

The forecast for temperatures in the teens last night motivated me to finally knit up a mitten to match the first one I made a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was going to run out of yarn before I finished, but the knitting gods smiled upon me and I had just enough to get by. I was awfully happy to be wearing the mitts this morning as I was scraping frost off the windshield. New handknit, wool-mohair blend mittens=good day.
And what of the "meat" in my title? That, my friends, refers to what I will be dining upon tonight. My most wonderful boyfriend is taking me out this evening to Molly Malone's in Portsmouth for their annual wild game dinner. Yes, I am a carnivore. An omnivore actually, since veggies are good, too. And I haven't seen my sweetie since Saturday, so I might have to take a bite out of him when I see him.
Other good things: I remembered both my watch and wallet today. Yesterday I forgot them both at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pammy,

So, did you enjoy that meat or what? When you going to write me?

PS I swing both ways on the computer platform issue...how about you?

Pam said...

Oooh, it wasn't just a wild game dinner. It was a wild game and beer dinner!
Yeah, I do now swing both ways on the computer platform issue.
You know, I started out thinking this was a particular individual whose name starts with A, but now I've changed my mind. Whether this is or isn't who I think it is, I know I owe some people some emails.