Friday, November 12, 2004

Brrrrr

Wow. It has begun.
The day started out cold and overcast and I was congratulating myself for finding a black, hooded, down jacket at TJMaxx for just $50 yesterday. The weather forecast has been saying snow and rain on Friday afternoon for days now, but actually seeing and being out in it is not the same as watching the guy on tv say it.
It's cold, raw, wet and dark out. Not pitch black dark yet because that won't happen for another 30 minutes or so, but it's dark enough for the lights to be on in the house before 4pm. The snow isn't sticking to the roads, but it is on the lawns, naked tree branches and rooftops. I was able to leave school before it had accumulated too much on my car.
This kind of weather used to depress me. I'm sure it will when we hit the fifth straight month of it in March, but for right now, it fascinates me. I'm cozy at home, drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Everything is quiet except for the heat coming up from the furnace and the keys on the computer. Tonight I'm looking forward to snuggling up on the couch and knitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pammy,

Been unbelievably warm here--still haven't turned on the heat this year! I kinda like the cold winter months, though. Something nice about being cozy inside. By the way, when you gonna write me?

Not "A"

Pam said...

Oh no. I thought I just sent you a long email the other day, but either you changed your address OR I was guessing wrong and now I think I was guessing wrong.
And is your email broken that you can't write to me?
The main reason I thought it was A is that I had a hit from a Rits domain a few weeks back from someone who had googled A's full name.
Now I'm guessing it's R. Am I right or just completely clueless?