Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Random Stuff

I love my dog because when I stay up later than my normal bedtime he gets up from his doggie bed and comes in to check on me and gives me a quizzical look that says "shouldn't you be in bed by now?"

I've stopped watching the tv weather forecasts this week because there's just nothing I want to hear there now.

One sort of positive thing I can say about having gained a few more pounds than I consider acceptable is that quite a bit of it seems to go to my chest and that doesn't look so bad. Kind of makes me wish there was a decent reason to wear my bodice.

I wonder how I can rationally know that three or four pounds on the wrong side of where I want to be is not a big deal, and be filled with self-loathing about it anyway.

The trees around here in spring go through almost a pastel version of autumn colors before they turn really green. I've noticed a lot of red and pale yellow the past few weeks.

The New York Times special section on class in America is really good, even if it's depressing at times. So many of the articles point out that a four year college degree, regardless of what subject it's in, can make a tremendous difference. That's really sad considering how little it seems some people learn in four years of college compared with the skills and knowledge that can be gained in the same amount of time of actually working at a job. I'd probably have higher esteem for college education if I hadn't spent so much time in academia.

No comments: