Sunday, May 08, 2005

Dogs and Neighbors

I live on the upper floor of a duplex and I usually don't mind my downstairs neighbors too much. But last night they came home drunk and loud at 1am and stayed up for another hour or so playing some game, hooting and hollering. It's not the first time it's happened and it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had to try to explain to the dog that people live downstairs and he didn't need to bark like a maniac and freak out about it.
In addition to his vigilance in maintaining our protection (I mean, a dog's got to do what a dog's got to do), I think Pancho is loving this new arrangement. I know The Girl is. I haven't seen her smile this much in a very long time. Last night the dog slept in her room with his doggie bed pulled up next to hers. Such things were absolutely not allowed under the previous regime. They both woke up with big smiles this morning and Pancho keeps running into the office to visit and let me know how happy is is to be here.

No comments: