Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Pound for Pound

I wasn't going to do it, but then I saw an actual copy of it in an honest to god independent bookstore and picked it up in my hands and something about actually seeing it and feeling its real presence made me go home and order it from Amazon for $3 less. (Okay, yes I suck for not supporting my locally owned and operated bookstore.)
Anyway, I wasn't planning to buy it but since I've had her on my blogroll for all this time, even before she got the bookdeal and got all famous and shit, I figured I'd get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have an independent book seller still surviving in this area? Is that the Little Professor's over in Dover? I can't think of the last time I went in there. I'd probably visit more frequently if they were in Durham near my independent coffee and bagel shops.

Pam said...

I think Little Professor is all dead and done. We were in Portsmouth at that bookstore on Commercial Alley near the Post Office. I can't remember its name.

Anonymous said...

I can point you to three wine shops in Portsmouth but not the book store...