Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Give It Away, Give It Away, Give It Away Now

I wonder what it is with me that I seem to take such deep satisfaction in making sure everyone else is happy. They say us Pisces have a compulsion to serve and be of use to others. It's also a tendency of women in general, and moms in particular, to get into the habit of making sure everyone is properly attended to.
It's not that I think this is a bad way to be. It really does make me feel good to know something I have done or said has made a difference to someone else. It just struck me as funny when I finally changed into my pjs last night after checking that the dog was comfy and happy on his little doggie bed next to his girl's bed. Because, you know, I really wouldn't have been able to sleep well without making sure the dog was happy too.
Sometimes I think I shouldn't be this way. Especially when it comes to work and business, but I'm not sure I know any other way to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky dog. LOL What kind is he?

Pam said...

He's a mutt, but he looks like a beagle-sized short haired pointer. I adopted him from Cape Ann Animal Aid in Gloucester. He's such a handsome little guy.

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like he's got a great home with you.

I saw a car with a license plate that said Atomic and a dog hanging out the window. Wasn't that the name of the store your sis owned?

Pam said...

Yup, you saw the car and dog of my sister's former business partner. She still has the business and shares the space with the skateboard shop that used to be located next door. Her dachshund's name is Slinky.