Friday, February 04, 2005

Way

I went to the supermarket today to do the weekly grocery haul. I feel like eating well tonight, so to go along with the baked beef stew, crusty bread and salad on the menu, I decided to pick up a bottle of wine as well. A little wine with dinner on a Friday night is a wonderful thing.
I had already swiped my card through the machine and was putting it away in my wallet when the woman at the register said, "I'm going to need to see some id, dear." I kind of smiled to myself because in less than a month I'll be forty. At this point, I consider getting carded a supreme compliment. What was even better was when the lady checked the birthdate on my license she said, "No way!" She said it twice actually. And then she said something about having lucky genes. Now I feel like it's a lucky Friday.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Well, not as young looking as all the college students walking around town, but apparently not 40 looking. As for the shoes, even my Sorrel's, with laces that tie halfway up my calf come untied while I walk. It's just a special talent I possess. Even my mother says my shoes have always been untied. Sometimes I hve to stop and re-tie my shoes three times between the parking lot and my office.