Sunday, February 06, 2005

In Memory

My sister Kate died 11 years ago today. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. I miss her humor, her charm, her flair and her sweetness. I still think about her everyday. I'm sorry she couldn't stay with us longer. She missed some good times and some people who really wish they could have met her. It was very hard for her to make her way through life. I never understood why that was, but I came to understand that was the truth, for whatever reason.
I lit a yahrzeit memorial candle for her today. It's the first time I've done that or even known it was something you can do at home and not just in temple. I didn't leave it burning for 24 hours because I can't leave an unattended candle burning in the house when I'm not here. It was kind of nice to walk by and see it and be reminded of her.

No comments: