Monday, February 21, 2005

Still Winter

I know some places can start to consider late February early spring, but New Hampshire just isn't one of those places. I haven't seen or heard the official amounts yet, but it looks to me like we got at least 7 or 8 inches of snow here today. And that's what my back and shoulders also seem to be saying since I had to go out and shovel twice today. The first time was so I could go to work, which ended up being one class to which less than half the enrolled students showed up. When I got back to my office at noon there were a couple of emails in my inbox letting me know that operations had been curtailed for the rest of the day. I packed up my stuff and was back at the faculty/staff parking lot by 12:20 and the place was already pretty well emptied out. I relaxed at home for the afternoon because that's what snow days are for, but around 5 I went out again to shovel off the stairs, a pathway to the other door and the heating oil fill cap and also to clear out the end of the driveway that gets barricaded in by a wall of snow pushed there by the city plows.
I roasted a chicken yesterday with onion, garlic, lemon and rosemary and for dinner we had that, green peas and mashed potatoes. It's a nice dinner. I think I'm going to keep the warm and cozy relaxing at home theme going by taking a nice hot bath. I'm going to have to get up earlier than usual tomorrow to scrape the ice that is bound to be stuck to on all my car windows thanks to the "wintry mix" forecast for tonight.

No comments: