Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Heat Wave!

We're having a regular old heat wave here in northern New England these days. I believe the temperature reached a downright balmy 40 degrees today. After that week or so of single digit temperatures that sting your nose and ears within moments of stepping outside, 40 seems practically tropical. Not only did I leave my hat at home today, by mid-afternoon I didn't even feel the need to wear mittens! I just checked the university's weather stats site and found there was a 40 degree range in temperature today. That's cool!
I think I'm finally really starting to acclimate to the winters here. I find myself thinking that it's only really bad for a week or two in January and anytime the temperature cracks 20 degress isn't all that cold. Hmm, I guess it is possible to get over those four winterless years I spent in Hawaii after all.

No comments: