Thursday, February 17, 2005

Are We There Yet?

I wish I would just hurry up and turn 40 already so I can get over it and get on with other more important things. My birthday is in two weeks and a day. And, as usual these past several years, I spend the weeks leading up to it obsessing over my appearance. It's not so much about whether or not I look older. This time it's about whether or not I look well put together. I realize no one can look 25 forever and trying to do that can lead to some very ugly consequences. Basically, I want to be more or less like my mother, who absolutely always looks attractive and appropriate for every occasion. It takes some thought and some effort and I'm not saying I'm giving up my jeans and tshirt ways. I just want the things I wear to be flattering. And that doesn't really have anything to do with age.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. it scares the hell out of me when i catch little glimpses of my mother in myself. not that my i don't love my mom and all, but sometimes she's crazy.

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam said...

Well, my mom's kind of crazy sometimes too, but so am I. She's a little more high maintenance than I'd like to be when it comes to some things (like her hair), but she's got a great sense of style and knows what suits her.
We used to kind of make jokes about it, but now I think I should start paying attention!