Friday, April 30, 2004

Another Step

In less than 2 hours I will be signing the lease on my new apartment. If things go the way I expect they will, tonight will be the last night I sleep under this roof and think of it as home. At this point what I'm hoping for most is that the headache I have had for the past week will finally leave me once I make the move.
This is another step. It's a big step, but it's still just one step on the journey. It will get me to the place where I can begin to consider the steps that follow from here. What comes next is that I relax in my own space and take time to reflect on how I let myself give up so much control of my life and figure out how I want to live from now. I even have a fair inkling of the step that comes after that, but I'm not ready to share it just yet.

No comments: