Thursday, January 15, 2004

Cold

This is beyond cold here. This is swearing cold. Anytime I go outside I have to swear and curse. Somehow it makes me feel better. What really makes me feel fine is to be inside the warm house looking at the thermometer in the kitchen that shows it's five degrees below zero outside (that's -20 for you celsius types). And that is before you factor in for wind chill.
It's so cold outside that there's frost on the inside of the sliding door that goes out to the deck and the backyard. My dog, who I will admit is not the brightest of creatures, goes out to do his thing and while he's out there trying to frolic in the sunshine for 30 seconds his feet get so cold so fast he has a hard time walking back into the house. The irony of it all is that it's beautifully clear and sunny, and also cold enough to freeze you to your bones in half a minute.
Can I just go to sleep and wake up when this is over and the temperature is back up to somewhere near freezing?

No comments: