Wednesday, May 26, 2004

A Roof Over My Head

My landlady just stopped by and told me I will probably want to vacate the premises early tomorrow morning because the roofers will start working on replacing the roof over my bedroom at 7am. Heh, they're not going to find me asleep there when they start crawling up over the skylight anyway.
It has been cold and rainy for the past several days. We had the most perfect weather last week. It was sunny and in the 70s. All the trees and lawns were as newly green as can be and the lilacs were in full bloom. It was so gorgeous my eyes hurt. Now it's just cold, dreary, drizzly and in the 40s or 50s. The kind of days that make me want to curl up on the couch with a book and a blanket. I'm wondering why I haven't done that yet. I've been too busy trying to maintain the level of cleanliness in this apartment! At least it keeps me moving around. If I get moving and get all my errands done I may be able to grab myself an hour or so of couch time, but I also just discovered the dvd collection the guy I'm subletting from left here for me. He has a lot of good movies, including quite a few I always meant to see but never have.

No comments: