Tuesday, May 04, 2004

All We Need Is Just a Little Patience

Here it is-- eclipse day. The actual eclipse will take place in about 40 minutes. I think I got my big hit from it yesterday. At least I hope that was the big hit.
I spoke with the real estate agent not long ago and have a little more info on when I can move into the new place. In short, the answer is, not as soon as I had hoped. I will go by early on Saturday morning for the tour and to learn how to use the washing machine, where the circuit breaker is, etc. Looks like I won't be able to actually move in until early next week.
If I had known about all the delays I would have probably gone ahead and rented a different apartment that had a lease from May 1. I can't say that would have ultimately been a better decision because it would have locked me into a one year committment. I'm just doing the best I can with it all with the information available to me at the time. One more week isn't so bad, I suppose. This news is not thrilling me. I would love to just escape for the weekend, but of course Sunday is Mother's Day.

No comments: