Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What To Do...

My boyfriend is still sick. He has been very sick for over a week with tonsilitis. I don't feel like I know how to be a good girlfriend or partner in this kind of situation. I don't know how to make him get better faster. He doesn't seem to like or want to be overly doted upon and my doting skills aren't all that hot anyway. Smothering isn't good but neither is coldness or indifference. Sometimes maybe just having someone there to be with you can make things less bad, but I have some commitments that mean I can't be there all the time. I feel like I should be able to make it all better, but maybe that's a mom-ish way of thinking and not how it always works all the time anyway.

2 comments:

Peruby said...

I just kind of do things I would like somebody to do for me if I were sick. I especially like it when somebody changes the sheets/pillow cases for me. It always makes me feel better.

Touching is great for helping somebody to get better. Back rubs etc.

Pam said...

Thanks for the suggestions. Most of the time when I'm sick I just want everyone to leave me alone...