Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weirdo

It seems like I've somehow come to like winter. It used to be so depressing, but now I kind of enjoy it. Maybe it's just because we've had a fairly mild winter so far. This past week it was in the 50s and most of the snow had melted away. Last night winter returned with snow and ice and today has been one of those leaden sky January days. I stayed in my jammies until early afternoon and frogged the scarf I'm currently working on for the third time and restarted it in a completely different pattern. Then I got dressed and went out to shovel the stairs and the driveway. The snow is different every time. This time it was kind of sherbet-y, but only a few inches of it fell so it wasn't too tough to shovel.
The girl and I had to go to the mall to return a suit jacket I bought for the consulting gig I have coming up in a couple of weeks. I was pleased to have found a nice suit on sale and then when my sister stopped by to check it out yesterday the first thing she noticed was a big stain on the back of the shoulder that I had completely missed. Guess it's better to know now when I can still do something about it then find out about it on the day I need to wear it. Anyway, we did a commando mission to the mall. In and out as quickly as possible. Now we're home, all cozy with the fireplace going. January really isn't so bad after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh to have a fireplace!
I just spent an hour in the tub, trying to warm my bones. It's cold up here tonight!
Good luck with the consulting gig, Pam.