Thursday, January 19, 2006

How to Make Homework Fun

The midterm assignment for my paralegal course on the thrilling topic of probate is to draft a simple will for a fictional individual with a family. The teacher named this person Joe and told us simple details about Joe's family. Joe was not holding my interest, so I decided to rename him Homer and wrote a simple will for Homer Simpson. Thanks to Wikipedia I was able to draft a will with the correct names and spellings of Homer's friends and family. So in his will, Homer leaves his Iron Maiden album collection to Bart, or in the case of Bart predeceasing Homer, to Ned Flanders. (Just to piss him off.) He is leaving his collection of books on Eastern philosphy to Lisa, or if she's no longer around, to Apu.
I found it much more interesting once I knew who I was writing it for. I hope the teacher has a sense of humor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that even the most crotchety teacher wouldn't find that funny! And unique,for sure. :)