Friday, July 09, 2004

Write Right Rite

In summer, I like doing nothing. Actually, in every season I like doing nothing. The book I'm reading now, If You Want To Write; A Book About Art, Independence and Spirit, encourages this sort of behavior. I like this book a lot. Even though the book is about writing and not about love, per se, I like she says about love.
For when you come to think of it, the only way to love a person is not, as the stereotyped Christian notion is, to coddle them and bring them soup when they are sick, but by listening to them and seeing and believing in the god, in the poet, in them.

I can't really write for shit these days. I spend too much time worrying about things that are out of my control and not enough time taking in the smell of the summer days and fresh cut hay. Eventually I'm going to get through and get past it all. Or at least get to a point where it stops taking up so much prime real estate in my mind.

No comments: