Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Dog Day Doldrums

We're now in the dog days of summer. Webster's says the term refers to 1. The period between early July and early September when the hot sultry weather of summer usually occurs in the northern hemisphere
2 : a period of stagnation or inactivity.
Yeah, I know the dog star, Sirius, blah blah blah. Woof.
Anyway, I am feeling very dog day-ish this week. It just seems like everything is slow going. I know things will change and that this is a phase and a process that I have to go through. It'll probably end up being yet another one of those times in my life that I look back at and wonder how I got through it. I get through it by telling myself it's not that bad, that things could be and have been worse.
We used to sing this at vespers on Sunday nights at camp.
Too high, can't get over it
Too wide, can't get round it
Too deep, can't get under it
Gotta go through the door.


No comments: