Sunday, March 30, 2003

Yesterday in the midst of all our last full day before moving craziness, we were out running errands in the afternoon and Rachel lost the turtle necklace her Dad got her in Hawaii. We had made 3 or 4 stops in a pretty wide area and on the way home from our last stop at the hardware store she noticed the necklace was gone. We went home and she was very upset. She climbed into the oshiire, slid the doors shut and cried in there for a while. Talking to her about it an hour or so later, after an unfruitful call to the sushi place we had gone to for an early dinner, she seemed quite sure that she the necklace had fallen off at the hardware store. The store is just a 10 minute walk down the street, so I decided to go back there with her. We were still busy with the cleaning and throwing away, but I knew how much that necklace meant to her. We got there and looked around the pet section, the aisles she had traveled and asked at the service counter. No luck. She asked me to let her go check just one last time and I said ok, even though I didn't expect much.
I was a couple of aisles over when I heard a very excited "Mommy!!!!!". I knew she had found it. Someone had found and placed the necklace up on the edge of a product display so it would be easy to find. She was sooooo happy and I was so glad I had taken the time to go back with her so she could find it.

No comments: