Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Okay. I've obviously become obsessed with the war. There's every good reason to be obsessed with it, but when it gets to the point where I'm watching Japanese tv covering the fact that no one is paying attention to Japan's support for the war after they've spent so much time pondering it, it's time to get a life.
Had an interesting first experience today-- my first visit to a chiropractor. Last night a friend recommended a chiropractor for my blown out thrown out back and this morning I followed her advice.
I can't say for sure because I've never actually been to an S and M club, but the inside of the chiropractor's office looked like what I imagine an S and M club would look like, but probably with different lighting. There was such a collection of funky looking contraptions with straps and motors and big wooden blocks and mallets. No wonder they have to remind you all the time to relax.
First I was shown into a curtained area and told to lie down on my stomach. Then the nurse attached electric impulse pads onto my lower back and I sat with those tingling my back under a heat lamp for 15 minutes. The guy who worked on me was a young guy with short buzzed hair, glasses, a goatee and a round face. Looked kind of like a groovester actually. He massaged my back for a while before the manipulation started. He pronounced that my right hip is out of alignment. Some of the massage felt nice but some of it hurt. The part with the wooden block and the mallet didn't really hurt, but kneeling on all fours while a guy hammers a big mallet against a block of wood lined up with my ass was uh... interesting. I also had to end the session by going on the rack, which was not nearly as scary as it looked despite all the noise, chrome and worn out leather padding.
I'm not 100% cured or anything, but I can move a lot more than I could before I was adjusted. I'm supposed to go back tomorrow and every day until we move. It seems to be working, my health insurance is still valid and I have a long plane trip coming up soon, might as get it taken care of while I can.

No comments: