Sunday, March 02, 2003

OK. I know this blog has sucked pretty bad the past week or so, but who wants to spend time blogging online when they're visiting Hawaii? Not me, that's for sure. And if I was stuck somewhere cold and possibly snowy and still very wintery I sure as hell wouldn't want to read about someone else's wonderful Hawaiian vacation either.
That having been said. Hawaii rocks. It has been awesome visiting with friends and family here. I'm amazed and grateful to have friends and family here. Even though it's not an easy place to make a living, it's an ideal place to be an intercultural family. Here we are the norm, not the minority. I would love it if Rachel grew up and decided to live here. Even though she is still just seven, I thought it was important to show her that there is a place where a beautiful hapa-haole, Hawaiian born girl like herself fits right in.
But, it's back to Japan for me tomorrow. Gonna have to pack it up, ship it out and move it on out of ole Nippon in the next 3 weeks. I think it's the right move.

No comments: