Saturday, March 15, 2003

I can't believe how long 3 weeks can feel sometimes. I called my sister in NH today after figuring out that her computer must be broken since I hadn't heard from her in a week. Turns out she and her business partner got a bank loan for their new store and will be opening it sometime in the middle of next month. I think it's going to go really well for them. They have a lot of good ideas and will create a unique and fun retail experience for their customers. Glad I will be around to help out too.

Yesterday I dealt with thinning out and packing up all our paperwork. It took most of the day but I got rid of a lot of unnecessary stuff and tried my best to organize the papers we need to keep. I found an old mid-term exam I had written for a classical Japanese lit in translation course I taught back at UH. I doubt I could have scored a passing grade on it now. Funny how that was all inside my head at some point and now it just seems to be gone. I felt sorry for the students who had to take it. Used to seem like pretty serious business to me back then.

The next 3 weeks should go by quickly, but talking to Stef and hearing about family and friends and things going on back there makes me feel so far from it right now. I know a lot of this has to do with the home sickness I've been feeling for months. Never knew I would get homesick after so many years.

No comments: