Tuesday, March 11, 2003


I put my first sticker ever on my bass today. I've had this bass for 2.5 years-- a black Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Dimarco pickups and a cool marbled pickguard. The decision to go with a sticker was like deciding to get a tattoo. Actually I was also deciding whether or not to try and sell the bass before I move because if I could get a good price for it I could put the money towards buying a bass head and cabinet. I got a beautiful P-bass last summer. It's in NH and I still want to play that one more than the Jazz bass. But the Jazz bass is also a really nice instrument and I don't need to sell it right now. And I just put the sticker on it which made it more mine, so I guess I'll be holding on to it.

I'm going up to jam with Hokkan tomorrow for the first time in a long time. Think the last time was in the fall. We've been jamming on and off for the past three years and he has been an incredible help to me. Sometimes we end up talking more than playing but that's cool too. I was still playing guitar when I first met him.
Actually, the first time we met he (nicely) told me the acoustic guitar I had was junk and then lent me his old acoustic guitar for about 10 months, until I switched to bass. He is one person I would love to have come visit NH. He's a totally cool guy and he has never been abroad. I know enough music places and people that I could show him a good time.

No comments: