Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Does This Mean Contagious is Viral?

Contagious was right! I am now a Neti Pot convert too. This bug I have which is kicking my ass in a myriad of ways was torturing my sinuses two days ago. I was miserable beyond miserable. I sought relief at the drug store and along with buying some kind of cold medicine that would get me high enough to escape my misery, I picked up something called a Sinus Care something or other. It didn't have the new age name of Neti pot, but from the picture on the box I could see the little watering can shaped vessel contained within and knew this was what I had to do.
It is scary and gross to pour warm salty water into one nostril, tilt your head, breathe through your mouth and watch the water drain out the other nostril. Scary and gross and yet somehow addictive. After using it a few times that first day at two hour intervals, my sinuses started to calm down. I'm still partially congested but functioning. I wake up in the morning thinking "yeah! I can neti pot my nose now!" This morning I had my first yellow globs run out of my nose and thought it was cool. As I drove off to work I thought, "I can't wait to get home and do that again tonight."

1 comment:

Peruby said...

Too funny! It reminds me of a co-worker who told me she lit special candles in her ears to pull the wax out!

Too much!