Monday, November 28, 2005

Beware the Dollar Store

I have discovered why the last few things I have tried to bake have turned out marginally edible, at best. I bought a new set of measuring spoons at the dollar store a few weeks ago. They seemed kind of big when I used them, but I trusted that the amounts stamped into the metal handles reflected the actual capacity of each spoon. Silly me for trusting a label over my own eyes. I just dug up some of my old plastic measuring spoons and compared them to the new ones to find out that the new spoons are marked as half of their actual coapacity, so the spoon marked half a teaspoon is actually one teaspoon, etc. Now that I know what's going on I suppose I can use them and just remember about the sizing. Too bad about that batch of cranberry muffins and the pumpkin pie though.

No comments: