Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Today's Lesson Learned

I will not take "non-drowsy" daytime cold medicine before going to teach ever again.
I don't care how big and blocky they write "NON-DROWSY" on the side of daytime cold medicine, that stuff renders me half brain dead.I figured between bring a little medicinally affected and feeling like a small porcupine was living between my nose and the top of my throat and needing to blow my nose every 30 seconds, the medicine option seemed at least more socially acceptable.
That was probably a misjudgement. I figure if I had pounded a few beers and taken a couple of bong hits it would have had roughly the same effect on my mental processes. I was giving the answers when I meant to be asking questions and I couldn't remember entire sentences that students had just said. I apologized for being so out of it and they're all pretty cool so I think they understood it was an honest mistake.

No comments: