Monday, September 08, 2003

What the hell?

I've been meaning to mention this since last spring, but somehow I never got around to it. Why the hell doesn't anyone walk to pick up their kids at our neighborhood elementary school?
The pick up and drop off points at school were changed this year so that buses and walkers leave through the front of the building and parents picking up their kids in cars go around to the back. So far this school year I've seen a couple of people waiting for their kids over at the 1st and 2nd grade doors and I am always the only one waiting outside the 3rd and 4th grade doors. We live in a totally residential neighborhood and I see no one else walking home with their kids.
I realize people need to work. I drop Rachel off at school on my way to work now too, but I know stay at home moms do also indeed exist.The funny thing is I bet at least some of the women I see taking mid-morning walks past my house are doing it while their kids are in school. Why not just walk to school and pick them up instead? That way your kids walk home and get some exercise too.

No comments: