Saturday, September 20, 2003

Finally, Some Action.

Look out Portsmouth. Here comes Bolt.
We are semi-confirmed to play a slot in the Muddy River Smokehouse Stepping Stone Series in October. I say semi-confirmed because our sort of official sounding Performance Contract says we'll be playing on the 15th, but the website has us listed for the 29th. (Click on the picture of fat Axl to see.)
I wonder if playing a cover of The Monkees "I'm Not Your Stepping Stone" would get us immediately disqualified. But we don't have any keyboards and that song loses a lot without them.
Great. Now I can start kvetching. First of all, my amp is too small for that room and I'm not really able to just cruise on out and buy myself a new, bigger rig within the next three weeks. I guess I'll just have to live with it and have them mike the amp through the PA. Damn, where's the bass fairy when you need her?

No comments: