Sunday, September 14, 2003

Good Times



I am proud to say I have now been a participant in the famed "Fried Clam Jam" of York, Maine. What's in the world is a Fried Clam Jam, you ask? It's a kick ass good time in a barn in York Maine that happens to be right behind the original El's Fried Clams, which anyone from around here will tell you serves the tastiest fried clams around.
I guess yesterday was a Fried Clam Jam Deluxe because it wasn't just a jam but a big old barbecue with some of the nicest, most hospitable folks it has even been my pleasure to meet. Burgers, dogs, and food, food, food, two kegs, a great yard, lots of kids running around, lots of former kids enjoying themselves, one cool dog named Tobey, a bunch of musicians and a beautiful day. Stef, Chip and I played pretty much everything we know, including a few old half finished songs we haven't played in a long time. I even actually sang. The sound in the barn is incredible. Adam let me use his bass rig and later on I even got several opportunities to play his awesome Music Man StingRay. I love those and must get one someday, but only after I buy myself a decent bass head and cab first. My bass sounded so good through Adam's rig and I could get the sound I wanted with so much more ease than playing through my little Bassman amp.
Anyway, it was a very good time had by all. Hope we can do it again some day.

No comments: