Tuesday, August 05, 2003

A True Conversation

"Where's the key to the bathroom?" my husband asked.
"What key to the bathroom? The bathroom door doesn't even lock, does it?" I asked back.
"Yes it does." he said.
"Why do you need the key to the bathroom?" I asked.
"The dog is in there." he replied.
"The dog is locked in the bathroom?" I questioned.
"Yes. And it's dark," he replied as he searched for keys.
"The dog is locked in the bathroom in the dark?" I pondered aloud. "We don't have any keys that'll work in that lock. You're going to have to go through the window from the deck." I advised.
So my husband headed out to the deck and then proclaimed that the screen wouldn't come off. While he went back inside and rummaged around in his tool box I took the screen off the window.
"Shiro, I got the screen off." I informed.
"How did you do that?" he inquired.
"With my hands." I replied.
He helped our 8 year old daughter through the window whereupon she turned on the light and unlocked the door to free the incarcerated dog who was completely unphased by the whole incident.
"Why was the dog trapped in the bathroom in the dark?" I asked my husband.
"I don't know" he replied.
"But you put him in there in the dark and locked him in, right?" I pursued.
"I was testing him"
"Testing him?"
"Yes, I was testing how brave he is in the dark."
Well I guess the dog must have passed the but I'm not real sure about my husband at the moment.

No comments: