Tuesday, August 26, 2003

The Tataris*

I want to puke on The Ataris and their lame ass version of Don Henley's Boy's of Summer, which I guess now qualifies as an old song, even though I remember it having a video which to me means it's not that old.
The only change The Ataris make in their little power pop, incessantly blaring from the radio version of the tune is the line about seeing a "Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac" becomes a Black Flag sticker. Oh please spare me your little punk rock pretensions wrapped up in commercial power pop complete with floppy blond haired singer. It's all so MTV and so fucking lame.
I think Don Henley and Henry Rollins should go kick the shit out of the Ataris, but I bet they have Columbia Records goons watching their backs already.
*In Japanese "Tatari" means a curse.

No comments: