Saturday, September 04, 2004

I know the news is full of stories about Hurricane Frances and how Florida is bracing for another big hit. Up here in NH we are looking at a beautiful holiday weekend. It's sunny and warm and should more or less stay that way through mid-week. Even though it's the end of the growing season, I plan to go to one of the local nurseries and get some flowers to plant in the garden at my new apartment. It has a nice yard and patio with flower beds and it would do me good to be quiet, spend some time out there and make it look pretty. Considering the season, I'm thinking about getting mums, icicle pansies and maybe one or two perenials if they still have anything nice left on sale.
I missed gardening this year. All I had was a spindly patio tomato plant and a couple pots of herbs (rosemary, sage, chives and oregano), all of which I basically neglected.
I wonder how long it's going to take for me to learn how to relax and be somewhat normal. It feels like I'm always fighting battles or preparing for them, moving or travelling.

No comments: