Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hold the Presses!

I am wearing a teacher skirt today.
What, you may ask, is a teacher skirt?
It's a long skirt, made of neither denim nor khaki material, that makes me feel like I look like a teacher when I wear it. I'm not sure what the problem is, but everyone in any official capacity on this campus seems to ask me if I am a grad student. I'm a teacher, dammit! I think I must dress too casually, but really, how could you tell around here?
My new shoes from Zappos arrived yesterday, so now I finally have shoes that aren't sandals to wear with skirts. It is the first day of fall, after all. I can't wear sandals forever. Zappos, by the way, is quite awesome. Not only did they have shoes that I liked on sale and free shipping, they upgraded my shipping for free so I ordered the shoes on Sunday evening and they were waiting on my porch when I got home from work on Tuesday afternoon. That's service!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I keep telling her!
-- Chosen

Pam said...

Chosen, you are obviously biased, but thanks to you both for the compliments. :)
I think it's that I don't project authority effectively. At least not until I'm in the classroom. I aim to be one of those teachers the students all grumble about while they're in my class and then are happy to have had when they're out in the world and need to prove they can do what they say they studied.