Saturday, September 11, 2004

Halfway to Everywhere

It's Saturday night. Today was basically mellow. It started out really nice and even by the end of the day it didn't suck.
I made my first visit to the laundromat on Broadway this morning. On the way I saw the result of what happens when someone in a large UHaul truck tries to drive under a railraod trestle with a 9'6" clearance. It appears they got halfway through before the top of the truck peeled off. There were a couple of fire trucks and a bunch of men in blue business suits on the scene. It was quite a sight.
The laundromat was fine. It's a wooden building with high ceilings, lots of machines, very clean and with a nice attendent working there. I chatted with her a little and she said it's usually much busier there on Saturdays. Most of the time I was there it was fine, but it was starting to get crowded by the time I left. They have free coffee and Dunkin Donuts there too. I had some coffee, but no donuts. I read the paper and started reading a new book.
My girl got here at 12:30. I shouldn't write about it much here, but her father is giving me a very hard time these days and even tomorrow wouldn't be soon enough to be able to legally and properly refer to him as my ex. Anyway, the girl and I hung out, had lunch, did some errands and later in the afternoon we went and played tennis. It's more ball chasing than tennis at this point, but it's fun and it's exercise, so it's good.
Now it's Saturday night. The dishwasher is chugging away. The girl is watching something on Nickelodeon. I'm on the computer. I suppose I'm about halfway to where I really want to be with my life. That's not so bad.

1 comment:

YouWho said...

I lived next to that bridge for almost a decade. A rental truck gets its top peeled off about every three months. If I had rented a truck to move myself, no doubt I would have wedged it under there too.