Friday, November 17, 2006

Home Work

Wonderful boyfriend closed on the house today in a little room at the Registry of Deeds that was decorated on three walls with hand-painted bucolic scenes of fields, bunnies and butterflies. As a spectator rather than a participant in the event, I had a view of the room's one plain wall as I sat in the corner under the painted white birch that stretched its leaves up to the ceiling.
The closing closed. The house had no electricity for a couple of hours thanks to a screw up by PSNH, so we headed down to my Dad's office for a surprise birthday pizza party for his 77th birthday. They managed to pull off the surprise because his birthday isn't for another week.
Then it was time to get to work. I did some cleaning in the house and helped rip out the carpet in the basement. I cut myself with a utility knife and had my first blood-letting in the house. Now I am losing my mind trying to figure out what colors to paint the interior since I basically hate every color the former owner used aside from the walls she left painted white.
I'm tired and crabbed at my girl on the phone because she's known for the whole week that she has a sleepover birthday party tomorrow afternoon starting at 4 and won't be back to my house until 3, but her father didn't take her to get a birthday present or card. Of course, I'm probably really pissed off at him, but since I never talk to him I got frustrated with her instead because she didn't ask for my help earlier in the week. So now I'm tired, stressed about paint colors, damp basements and acting bitchy to my girl. Ah, the splendor of it all.

No comments: