Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ban It, I'll Read It

I saw this meme over at Joel's site and decided to see how many books on the list of banned books I have read. Turns out I've read quite a lot of them, most before I graduated high school. Maybe this explains a few things about the way I turned out.

3. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
5. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
7. Harry Potter (Series) by J.K. Rowling
8. Forever by Judy Blume
13. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
17. A Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Newton Peck
18. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
22. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
23. Go Ask Alice by Anonymous
25. In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
41. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
42. Beloved by Toni Morrison
43. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
47. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
51. A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
52. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
56. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
59. Ordinary People by Judith Guest
62. Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
69. Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
70. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
71. Native Son by Richard Wright
77. Carrie by Stephen King
88. Where’s Waldo? by Martin Hanford
89. Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
96 How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's sad to see Judy Blume books banned. Those were my favorites as a kid.

I saw this list on another person's blog yesterday, and realized I read almost everything on it. And I will see to it that my children do also.