Saturday, January 01, 2005

Welcome 2005!

Happy New Year!!
So far, this new year is off to a good start. I spent the afternoon having brunch at the Stage Neck Inn in York. The dining room has a beautiful view of the ocean. The day was clear and sunny. The food was delicious. It was also the first time my boyfriend had met several of my family members and it was so nice to start the new year knowing that everyone is really okay and accepting the way my life is now and not staying stuck in the past. The only thing that clouded the happiness of the day a bit was that my girl wasn't with us. She spent New Years with her father. I got shafted on the holiday scheduling this year, but I figured it was better not to make things any more difficult than they already were by adding more conflict to the situation. There will be other years and other holidays and everyone tells me this one will be the hardest and it will get easier from here on out. It would be nice if they're right.
I hope 2005 brings us all peace, love, understanding and cooperation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Pam,
Charlie here...best wishes for 2005 and glad to read all is well.
Of course, the japaneze is now more but if you're missing Japan then can I recommend a book?
Extremes: Contradictions in Contemporary Japan by a chap called G M Thomas. I bought it on amazon.co.uk and I know its on amazon.co.jp. Maybe not in the US though, Pity. It's a great read.
Charlie xxx

Pam said...

Hi Charlie!
Nice to hear from you and best wishes for 2005 to you, too. I still miss Japaneze more than Japan itself.
I found the book you mention is available in the US through powells.com. It's on my "to get" list.