Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Choices

I went back to Weight Watchers today. I had been thinking about going out and buying bigger jeans since the ones I own are getting a little too tight on me, then I figured I'd ultimately end up happier with myself if I took that money and spent it on weekly Weight Watchers dues until I am back down to my goal weight and fit into the jeans I already own again. I'm about 8 pounds above my maintenance weight range. Once I get back to my goal range I won't have to pay for meetings anymore since I reached lifetime last spring.
As I expected, I was just one of many who used the start of a new year as motivation to join or join back up. I like Weight Watchers. The new Core Plan sounds interesting to me, so I'll try that first. Even though it's hokey, I like the meetings, the little silver star stickers and the clapping. It's not anything I would have thought would do anything for me, but it does. It helps me stay focused.
In two weeks classes start again. I'm looking forward to being able to be in front of the class writing on the board and not worrying that my ass looks humongous.

No comments: