Thursday, June 17, 2004

Ride It

You know how sometimes you feel restless and reckless and ready to do something on the spur of the moment and not worry about "the consequences"? Well, I was feeling like that yesterday. There's been something I've wanted for quite a while now and even though I'm not in the best financial situation of my life, I know I'm not about to go to ruin. And yesterday I decided that as day after day of beautiful weather passes by, I've been missing out. Missing out for no good reason other than timidity and indecision.
Actually, I'm making it sound like I left the house knowing what I was going to do. That's not it. I went into Portsmouth and attended to some business there and then went on down Islington Street to check out Papa Wheelies, just to see what kinds of bikes they have. Now, that's a real bike store. They carry great lines and they offer free liftetime service for your bike. Good customer service to help you choose a bike that's right for you, too.
I honestly just meant to look, but once I got on this and gave it a spin, I saw no reason to wait any longer. Oooh, bicycle lust! It overcame me. I had to have it. And now it's mine. Think it's time to go for a ride.

No comments: