Monday, December 22, 2003

Bad Jew!!!

I received this comment calling me a bad jew on my previous post and I've got to say that I got quite a kick out of it. I certainly wouldn't deny the accusation, since I protested (with picket signs and everything) to quit Hebrew school as a kid (with good reason, but that's another story) and never even got bat mitvah'ed.
I've said it before and I'll say it again-- subversion and agitation are where I'm at. In my own small way I do what I can to break down all the bullshit that keeps people locked into doing what they're supposed to do rather than what's in their hearts. I'm not the kind of person who does things just because I'm supposed to. In fact, it's taken me a long time to stop doing things just because I wasn't suppposed to be doing them.
If it's in your heart to keep with faith and tradition then mazeltov and keep at it. We need people like that in the world. We need people like me too.

No comments: