Thursday, October 16, 2003

Dwell On

Lest I forget my manners, I'd like to mention the two other bands who played after us last night at the Muddy River. In the slot following us was
Gregory Paul and the Autumdivers, a trio from Rochester, NY. I only caught a couple of songs from their set because we went upstairs to have dinner with our dad and step mom. I'd have liked to see more of their set, but as far as judgement calls go, family definitely took priority. The last band of the night was Clarias from Boston. They played a very impressive set and a visit to their website confirmed my hunch that half the band came out of the Berklee School of Music.
Never heard who "won" last night, but I'd say it's a safe bet it wasn't us, which is cool because we're not really about polished professionalism at this point. We're just true to ourselves and fortunately, so far people seem to appreciate that.
It's weird to think that it's just me and Stef now, but it gives us the opportunity to work together more and try new songs and directions. Que sera sera, just like Doris Day sang

No comments: